Phuket is home to over 40 gorgeous beaches, and it’s known worldwide that this is an area of stunning beauty. There is a beach for every type of traveler. As a rule of thumb, northern and southern beaches will be quieter and more relaxed, perfect for when you’re ready just to chill. However, if you are ready to experience the legendary nightlife here, you will want to head toward the bustling western beaches for music and dancing.
1. Patong Beach is the most popular in Phuket, with a 3 kilometers long beach and an array of hotels, restaurants, shopping, and storied nightlife. Patong is big and pulses with dynamic energy.
2. Kata Beach is one of the most visited beaches, and for good reason. Get your Instagram ready for the sandy bays, intense blue seas, and the famous island in the middle of the ocean. Kata beach is about 2 kilometres long, but the Club Med Resort claims about 1.5 kilometers of the beachfront.
3. Karon Beach is one of the longest beaches in Phuket, with a stunning 3 kilometers of white sand. Karon has numerous hotels, quality dining, and exciting nightlife. If you want the excitement of Patong but with fewer crowds, Karon is for you.
4. Bang Tao Beach is situated halfway between Phuket International Airport and Patong beach on the island’s west coast. Bang Tao hosts some of the island’s most lavish resorts: Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket, SAii Laguna Phuket Resort, Banyan Tree Resort, and Angsana Phuket Resort, to name a few. Bang Tao has something for everyone, with numerous restaurants and beach clubs.
5. Nai Yang Beach is off the beaten path and hosts a variety of small bars and restaurants guaranteed to help you unwind. A favorite of locals and tourists alike.
6. Mai Khao Beach is part of the Sirinath National Park and the longest beach in Phuket. Its northern location protects this beach from the crowds. You could walk 11 kilometers and maybe pass two locals on your way. Resorts are available on the beach.
7. Nai Harn Beach is a gem of a beach tucked between small mountains and tiny islands at the very south of Phuket. More relaxed than the west coast beaches, Nai Harn’s bay is a great place to anchor for the day and explore the many restaurants and shops at your own pace.