AWARE Fish ID Diver
The PADI Project AWARE Fish Identification Course:
Have you ever been scuba diving and asked yourself, "What was that?”
The PADI Project AWARE Fish Identification Specialty course provides you with the fish identification basics so that next time, you know the answer. You’ll find you enjoy your dives even more when you recognize the creatures that you see. The fun part about this course is you can use the skills you learn on every scuba diving vacation because once you learn the main fish families and characteristics it will help you decipher the species you see all over the world. For example, a butterfly fish in the Caribbean has a similar shape to a butterfly fish in Southeast Asia, but their colors and markings maybe wildly different.
If you know what fish family it belongs to, it becomes much easier to look up the local name or at least be able to intelligently ask the local scuba instructor what you saw. That works better than asking about a “yellow thingy with a funny tail fin.” Divers in full scuba gear hovering over reef to view fish.
Must be a PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization) During two dives you gain hands-on (okay, eyes-on) experience in looking for and identifying the fascinating fish you see underwater.
The Scuba Gear You Use:
You use all the basic scuba gear. You may also need some scuba accessories such as a dive slate for making notes when conducting fish surveys.
The course includes:
- PADI AWARE Fish ID Manual.
- PADI certification costs.
- Full set of rental scuba diving equipment.
- PADI instructor.
- Free Transfers from Patong, Karon and Kata hotels.(A charge may apply for other areas - click here).
- Soft drinks (coke, sprite, fanta, drinking water etc).
- Snacks and Fresh tropical fruit all day.
- 2 Amazing coral reef dives
Learn to scuba dive in high altitudes.
- How to identify characteristics of local fish families and species.
- Fish survey techniques and strategies.
- How to practice fish identification dive planning, organization and procedures.
PADI AWARE Fish ID course is :1 Day
Group Tuition 10,000 Baht
(Max. 4 students per instructor)
Private Instructor 12,000 Baht
(Just you and one PADI Instructor for the day.)